Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Many people sign up for a 1 month Netflix free trial to test the Netflix account. After that month, in order to save your money, it might be best to cancel Netflix.
A Netflix subscription can be tricky because they automatically renew each month without your permission. In this article, we’ll show you how to cancel your membership step-by-step.
How to Cancel Netflix for Windows
These are the steps to cancel Netflix subscription.
- Open your browser and go to Netflix.
- At the Netflix welcome page, click on the red Log In button.
- You’ll be taken to a login page. Enter your email address into the first field.
- Insert your password into the next field.
- Click on “Sign In”.
- Select your profile icon and then click on the My Accounts tab at the top of the screen.
- Next, scroll down to Membership & Billing and locate Cancel Membership. Click on the Cancel Membership link.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm your cancellation. Go ahead and click OK to complete the cancellation process.
How to Cancel Netflix for Mac
Here’s how you can cancel your Netflix if you’re a Mac user.
- Open Safari and visit Netflix.
- Find the red sign-in button at the top right of the main page. Click on the red “Sign In” button.
- Click on your username icon and select My Accounts at the top of the page.
- Find the Membership and Billing section and select Cancel Membership.
- After choosing Cancel Membership, Netflix will ask you to confirm that you want to complete the cancellation process. Once you confirm, your account will be cancelled.
Netflix also has an option that allows you to temporarily suspend your account for up to three months, during which you won’t be charged. In case you encounter any other difficulties, consider visiting the Netflix help center or calling Netflix at 1-866-579-7172.