Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
To convert AVI to MP4, most likely you’re struggling with complicated software that makes the process longer than expected. We provide an alternative method that will teach you how to convert AVI to MP4 with an online converter. Follow the steps below to get started.
How to Convert AVI to MP4 for Windows
The conversion has to be made with an online converter. You can use any website you find available. For this method, we’ll be needing the online-converter tool for AVI to MP4.
- Access an online video converter website, such as http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4.
- Click on Chose File.
- (Optional) If your source is online, insert the URL into the next field.
- (Optional) You can also chose a file from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- There’s a few optional steps you can complete in the field below.
- Click on the button that reads Convert file.
- Wait for the conversion process to end. The file will be automatically downloaded.
How to Convert AVI to MP4 for Mac
- Open Safari and enter on the AVI to MP4 converter website.
- Chose one of the three methods to add a file.
- Chose file from your Mac.
- Add file from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Insert file URL if it can be located online.
- (Optional) Play with the optional settings located below the file add field.
- Press on the Convert file button.
- Your file will download automatically after conversion.
The process could fail because of technical issues with the online-converter website. If that happens, there’s more you can use, such as Online Video Converter.
In case the AVI length or size is too big, the website may refuse your request. Consequently, you can split the file in separate parts to be successfully finish the AVI to MP4 conversion.
In addition, Since YouTube doesn’t support direct conversion, you have to first download the video, then use it on the platform.