Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When receiving unwanted phone calls, ignoring them isn’t the solution. The block system might differ on each device, but the functionality is the same. Once you finish the number block process, the caller won’t be able to reach you. This guide will teach you how to block a number on either iOS or Android devices and get rid of annoying texts or calls. Read the steps below for an easy process.
How to Block a Number on Android
Blocking a phone number on your Android phone is quick and straight forward. Follow the steps below.
- Go to your contacts.
- Click the vertical three dotted menu on the right side of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings”
- Press on “Call”
- Go to “Call rejection”
- Press once again on “Auto reject list”
- Hit the “+” button, right top side of the screen.
- Enter the desired phone number and press the “SAVE” button.
How to Block a Number on iOS
The process to block a number on iPhone or iPad is a beat easier. Here’s how:
- Open your phone app and go to Recents. Find the number you wish to block.
- Click on the “i” icon to the right of the number.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Block this Caller”.
- Confirm that you want to block this number.
The steps on how to block a number on Android or iOS might raise a few issues. Generally, iPhone and iPad users should have the same options for any device version. However, blocking a number on android can change from one device to another. A solution for this would be opening the Settings and using the search feature to find the “Reject list”. After that, it becomes easy to find the same options as above and complete the number block process.
If you wish to find more about what android version matches your settings, check out this android version list to find out the differences between devices.