When you first sign up for the Tinder dating application, the service will pull your age from your Facebook profile. If you want to change your age on Tinder, you must update your birthdate on Facebook, and then reconfigure your Tinder account. This process can be completed on either an Apple or Android device. Here are the steps you need to follow to learn how to change your age on Tinder.
How to Change Your Age on Tinder for iPhone
Follow the steps below to learn how to change your age on Tinder from an iPhone.
- Log in to your Facebook account through the iPhone’s Safari browser.
- Click on your profile picture to load your timeline page.
- Click the “Update Info” button.
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Basic Info,” and update the day, month, and year of your birth.
- Press the home button to go to your homescreen.
- Tap the “Tinder” icon.
- Tap on the gear icon to open the Tinder settings menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings menu.
- Tap the “Delete Account” button. Note that this action will completely erase your Tinder profile, including data and conversations stored in the application.
- Delete the Tinder application by tapping and holding on the icon, and clicking the “X” symbol in the upper-left corner.
- Go to the iOS App Store, and download the Tinder application again.
- When you log in to Tinder with your Facebook information, your new age will be displayed.
How to Change Your Age on Tinder for Android
The steps below will teach you how to update your age on Tinder on an Android device.
- Open the Android web browser, and go to Facebook.
- Go to your profile page.
- Click “Update Info” button.
- Go to “Basic Info,” and enter your updated birthday information.
- Launch the Tinder application from the Android homescreen.
- Tap on the gear icon to view the Tinder application’s settings.
- Go to the bottom of the settings list, and tap the “Delete Account” button. By doing this, you will be erasing all of your Tinder account data.
- Uninstall the Tinder application from your phone by going to the “Settings” tool and navigating to the “Apps” list.
- Find Tinder in the list and tap the “Uninstall” button.
- Go to the Google Play Store, and download the Tinder application again.
- When you log in to Tinder again using your new Facebook information, you will see the age you’ve selected.
If you want to get in touch with the Tinder team, contact them using the information below:
How to Change Your Age on Tinder – Conclusion
In order for Tinder to update your age, your birthday information must be friend-accessible on your Facebook profile. Refer to this Facebook help page for more information about birthday options. Don’t forget to share any tips you might have about changing your age on Tinder.
Recommended read: How to Log into Tinder