Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Regularly changing your Facebook password is a great way to maintain account security. Changing your password will also sign out your account on all other devices, so it is useful if you left your account logged in somewhere insecure. You can read this helpful guide to find out how to change your password on Facebook.
How to Change Your Password on Facebook on a Computer
To change the password on a Facebook account, all you need to do is follow these steps.
1. Go to the official Facebook webpage into your web browser and login to your Facebook account.
2. Click the small, downwards pointing arrow found in the upper righthand corner of Facebook to reveal a list of more options.
3. Choose the “Settings” option on this list.
4. Select the “Security and Login” tab found on the menu on the left side of the page.
5. Click the grey “Edit” button next to the words “Change Password.”
6. Type your current password into the field labeled “Current” to confirm that you have authority to alter the Facebook account.
7. Write the new password you want to use in the field labeled “New.”
8. Confirm your password choice by retyping the new password one more time.
9. Click the blue button that says “Save Changes” to finish changing your password.
How to Change Your Password on Facebook on a Phone
The steps for changing a Facebook password from the app are the same on all smartphone types.
1. Open the Facebook app on any phone and login to your account.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Settings & Privacy” link.
3. Choose the “General” option on the menu of settings choices.
4. Tap the word “Password ” to edit your password.
5. Enter your current password into the first empty field.
6. Type your new password in the second box, and type it again to confirm that you entered it correctly.
7. Click the “Change Password” button.
Once you finish this process, your account will log out on all devices, and you will need to enter your new password to sign back in. If you need any help to change your password on Facebook, you can find more information about password changes on the Facebook Help Center.