*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Until recently, the only way to start change your name on YouTube was to open a new YouTube or Google account. However, it is now possible to change your channel name in a matter of minutes. In this article, we’ll show you how to change your YouTube name step-by-step.
How to Change your YouTube Name for Windows
Changing your YouTube name is very straightforward and will only take a few moments of your time.
- Open your browser and go to YouTube. Click on the blue Sign in button.
- Next, you’ll be taken to the Google sign-in screen. Enter your Google username into the first field.
- Insert your password in the next field.
- Once you’ve logged in, click your user photo circle (right top side of the screen) and press “Settings”.
- Click on the “Edit on Google” link.
- It will send you to Google. When you reach the page, on the new pop-up, insert your new YouTube name.
How to Change your YouTube Name for Mac
- Open Safari and visit YouTube. Locate the blue sign-in button in the top right-hand corner.
- Before continuing, you’ll need to verify your Google credentials. First, Google will ask you for your username. Enter your username and then your password when asked.
- After logging into Google, click on your profile photo in the top right side of YouTube.
- Search the “Settings” button in the menu and press it.
- Next, locate the “Edit on Google” link and click it.
- The final step is to provide your new channel name and select OK.
A possible issue when trying to change your name on YouTube with this method would be not having an account made through Google. In this case, all you have to do is follow the instructions given by YouTube once you reach the account settings page.