Deleting your Facebook messages is not as straightforward as it should be. You may have unwanted messages from scammers or even from friends that you no longer want to view. This article will teach you how to delete Facebook messages on both the desktop website and the Messenger app.
How to Delete Facebook Messages on Your Computer
The following steps will instruct you how to delete individual messages in the Facebook desktop website.
1. Navigate to your Facebook home page.
2. Click on the Messenger icon on the top right corner of the screen. This will open a drop-down menu of recent conversations.
3. Select “View All in Messenger”.
4. Click the three dots next to the message you want to delete.
5. Select “delete”.
6. Click “delete” again.
7. (Optional): Delete the entire conversation by hovering over the conversation on the right side of the screen and clicking the cog. Select “delete”, then select “delete” again.
How to Delete Facebook Messages on Your Mobile
The steps below will show you how to delete Facebook messages in the Messenger app. Messages can no longer be accessed in the Facebook app.
1. Open the Messenger app on your iOS or Android device.
2. Tap the conversation you want to delete a message from.
3. Press and hold the message you want to delete.
4. Choose “delete”.
5. Press “delete” again.
6. (Optional): Delete the entire conversation by swiping right on the conversation you want to delete in the first screen of the Messenger App. Tap “delete” and then “delete conversation”.
If you would like to clear up the clutter, you have the option to archive it when attempting to delete it. Archived conversations can be located by clicking on the settings cog in the upper left corner of the screen in Messenger on desktop. If you have any issues deleting your messages, access the Facebook help community to search for an answer.