*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Managing your vast iPhone music library is a necessary task for maintaining your storage capacity. Unfortunately, it can also be a challenging task for inexperienced users. Our guide on how to delete music from iPhone is sure to help you.
This can be done in a few different ways. We will cover individually deleting songs and albums, removing the entire music library, and using iTunes.
How to Delete Songs and Albums from iPhone
This method is used by most users. It’s a quick and easy way to remove specific tracks or albums to make space for new songs or other apps. To learn how to delete songs from iPhone using this method, just follow the next steps:
- Launch the Apple Music app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Music tab.
- Find the song you want to delete.
- Tap the three dots icon for more options.
- Select Delete.
To delete an entire album and not just a specific song, continue with these instructions:
- Navigate to the My Music tab.
- Select Albums from the bottom menu.
- Tap More if you can’t find it immediately.
- Swipe right to left or tap the three dot icons for more options.
- Tap the Delete button.
With the last step completed, you have learned how to delete music from iPhone, be it specific songs or albums. If you want to clear your iPhone of all your music, go to the next section of our guide.
How to Delete All Your Music from iPhone
Make sure this is an informed decision before proceeding, to avoid losing your songs for good. Fortunately, you can always redownload any music bought on your iPhone or through iTunes. To learn how to delete all music from iPhone, use these simple instructions:
- Go to the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Select the General tab.
- Tap Usage.
- Select the Music app.
- Click the Edit option in the upper corner.
- Click the red circle with a minus on it, on the left of All Music.
- Wait for your entire music collection to be deleted.
It’s important to know that music synced from iCloud won’t be deleted through this method. You’ll have to stop any synchronization with your cloud storage to do so.
How to Delete Music from iPhone through iTunes
Another way of deleting all your music is by using iTunes on your computer. This method is slightly more complicated, but it’s the best way to make sure there aren’t any songs left on your iPhone. To learn how to delete music from iPhone using iTunes, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- Turn off Automatic Downloads so that your deleted music won’t be downloaded again.
- Connect your iPhone to your Computer.
- Start iTunes.
- Select your connected iPhone.
- Click the Music option on the left menu.
- Select all your music files.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click the Apply button to confirm.
After you’ve completed the last step, feel free to enjoy all your freed storage capacity however you want.
This concludes our guide on how to delete music from iPhone. We have showcased three easy methods for deleting either individual tracks and albums, or just completely removing the entire music library.
Recommended read: How to Create a Ringtone for iPhone