Minecraft mods are a critical part of your game experience. You can enhance the visual quality, add new items and powers to the game, and double the fun. This guide is intended to teach you how to install Minecraft mods. Below you will find instructions for Windows (PC and Mac), and Pocket Edition (iOS and Android devices). Follow the steps to complete the process easily.
How to Install Minecraft Mods on Windows
To get Minecraft mods, you will need to install Forge. It’s one of the easiest ways to implement them.
- Go to Forge download page, and download the client for your Minecraft version.
- Open the downloaded .jar file.
- Select Install client.
- Click OK.
- Start Minecraft. Into the profile field, chose Forge.
- Download your desired Minecraft mod from minecraftmods.com, or any mod database website.
- For PC: Open the Start Menu, then open Run. Type “%appdata%\.minecraft\” without the quotes, and press Enter.
For MAC: While holding ALT, click Go, then click on Library (top menu), and open the Application Support folder. Look for Minecraft folder.
- Copy the mod into the “mods” folder located in Minecraft.
- Launch Minecraft.
How to Install Minecraft Mods for Minecraft PE
Install Minecraft Mods for iOS Devices
- Go to any website that provides mods for Minecraft. A good example is mcpedl.com.
- Find a suitable Add-on you wish to install.
- Scroll to the bottom, and download the Resource pack.
- Press on “Open in Minecraft PE”.
- Go back to the mod page, and download the Behavior pack.
- Once again, tap on “Open in Minecraft PE”.
Install Minecraft Mods for Android Devices
- Go to Google Play, and install BlockLauncher.
- Open your Android browser, and search for a Minecraft PE mod.
- Download the mod on your Android phone or tablet.
- Go back to Minecraft PE, and click Manage ModPE Scripts.
- Select Import, go to the Local Storage, Download, and find the mod you just downloaded.
This is how to install Minecraft mods for both the computer version and Pocket Edition. Some of them might fail due to obsolete mod versions that no longer work with your newest Minecraft. Also, some of the mods do not require a behavior pack, so if you cannot find it, there’s no need for installing one.
Recommended read: How to Make a Saddle in Minecraft