For one reason or another, people who spend time producing content for online and offline audiences must often mention a product or a service that is well-known. Many products and services are protected by copyrights. Thus, it is necessary for people who write about these topics to make use of the specialized copyright symbol to avoid possible legal consequences. This brief article will use step-by-step instructions to teach readers how to make a copyright symbol on Windows and Mac based computers.
How to Make the Copyright Symbol on PC (Windows)
This section will provide detailed instructions on how to create the copyright symbol on computers that run Windows operating systems.
METHOD 1: How to Create the Copyright Symbol Using your Keyboard.
1.1. On Windows Computers with Dedicated Numeric Keypads:
- Step 1: Determine whether the computer in question makes use of a keyboard with a dedicated 10-key numeric keypad.
- Step 2: If your computer has a 1o-key numeric keypad, you can hold down the alt to produce the copyright symbol. While this key is being held, type in the numbers “0169” on the keypad. This should produce the copyright symbol.
1.2. On Windows Computers with Compressed-style Keyboards:
Some laptops that run Windows software don’t have dedicated keypads, rather making use of compressed-style keyboards. Readers should use the following steps to produce the copyright symbol on such computers.
- Step 1: Find the numeric keys on the laptop. They are usually found on the J,K,L,O,M,U,I,7,8, and 9 keys. When the NumLock key is engaged, these keys will produce the numbers 0-9. While some laptops may not have any numbers marked on these keys, they should produce numbers when the NumLock key is pressed.
- Step 2: Strike the key marked “NumLk”. If the laptop in use has no NumLk key, pressing the ScrLk and Function keys simultaneously will create the NumLk function.
- Step 3: Strike and hold the key marked “Alt”. If this produces no result, strike and hold both the “Alt” key and the FN key.
- Step 4: Input the numbers “0169” on the keys used for NumLk.
- Step 5: Let go of the keys to view the copyright symbol.
METHOD 2: How to Make the Copyright Symbol Using Character Maps.
It should be noted that many computers have the copyright symbol contained in character maps. To access character maps in Windows 10:
- Step 1: Input the text “map” in the taskbar search area.
- Step 2: Select “character map” from the results.
- Step 3: Select the copyright symbol.
How to Make the Copyright Symbol on Mac
This section will give readers precise instructions on how to make the copyright symbol on Mac operating systems. Producing the copyright symbol on Macs is generally somewhat easier than producing it on Windows based systems.
- Step 1: Find, press, and hold down the “Option” key.
- Step 2: While holding down the “Option” key, type in the letter “g”. This should produce the copyright symbol.
The copyright symbol can also be found on iOS by:
- Step 1: Find and click the “Edit” function in the menu bar.
- Step 2: Select “Emoji & Symbols”.
- Step 3: Input the word “copyright” into the search area.
These instructions provide readers with several easy ways on how to make a copyright symbol on various operating systems. If any issues are noted, a quick trip to the appropriate Windows or Apple website can usually resolve any issues. Readers are encouraged to share their personal stories, and questions are always welcome.