If you’re new to Instagram and don’t know how to share other people’s pictures with your followers, then don’t worry. Our guide on how to repost on Instagram is sure to help you out. Before we start, it’s important to know two things. First of all, Instagram does not have an integrated sharing feature like other social media platforms. Second of all, there are ways to get around this limitation using four different methods. Third of all, when you repost a photo always remember to give credit to the original poster.
1. How to Repost on Instagram through a Screenshot
This first method is a simple but laborious process. For these reasons, if you’re only a casual user who doesn’t normally repost other people’s picture then this method is the one for you. You should know that reposting by taking a screenshot works on all devices.
To learn how to repost on Instagram by using a screenshot of a photo just follow the next steps:
- Go to the Instagram picture you want to repost.
- Take a screenshot on your device.
- Select the screenshot you have just taken. It’s usually found in your photo gallery.
- Select the Options menu.
- Click Crop and select the entire photo in the Instagram post.
- Select the edited photo in Instagram and apply whatever filters you want.
- Remember to tag the original poster.
- Post the photo to Instagram.
With the last step completed, you managed to repost a picture on Instagram. You can now share it on other platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and more. Giving credit to the original poster is required to avoid your account being flagged and probably banned.
If you are a most habitual user of Instagram and find yourself wanting to repost more and more photos, then we recommend trying our second method.
2. How to Repost on Instagram Using an App
If you are an active daily user of Instagram and like to repost other user’s photos, then using a third-party app is the easiest way. Unfortunately, this method only works on platforms supported by the app like iOS and Android. We recommend using Repost. It’s one of the popular and trusted free apps.
Follow the next steps to learn how to repost on Instagram via another app:
- Download the Repost application.
- Open the app.
- Log-in with your Instagram account.
- Select the photo you want to repost.
- Click the Repost button in the right corner of the photo.
After you’re done with the last step, the photo has been reposted on your account. Repost automatically gives credit to the original poster.
If you do not want to install the Repost app no matter for what reason, then you can still repost Instagram photos using the next method.
3. How to Repost on Instagram Using a Chatbot
This method is slightly more complicated than the other two previously showcased. However, your reposted photo also gets shared automatically on Facebook if you select the option. Unfortunately, the method only works on iOS and Android devices.
To learn how to use a chatbot to repost on Instagram, follow these simple instructions:
- Go to the Instagram photo you want to repost.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select Copy Share URL.
- Download Facebook Messenger, if you don’t already have it.
- Search for Repost Bot.
- Paste the Instagram URL you previously copied.
- Copy the hashtag and credit info.
- Download the image on your device.
- Select the photo in your Instagram gallery.
- Tap the Share options.
- Paste the hashtag and credit info.
- Click the Share button.
If you want to learn a more versatile method on how to repost on Instagram that only works on computer, then go to the next section of our guide.
4. How to Post on Instagram Using Embed Code
Our fourth and final method on how to repost on Instagram involves dealing with the embed code of the picture. While it is only available on devices who can see the code like computers, it can be used in more ways like posting the photo in an article. This method also gives credit automatically to the original poster.
Follow the next steps:
- Select the photo you want to repost on your computer browser.
- Click the three dots button.
- Select Embed.
- Copy the code in the window.
- Paste the code where you want the reposted photo to show up.
If you successfully completed the last step, then you learned four different ways on how to repost on Instagram.
Now that you know how to repost on Instagram, you can try out the four different methods depending on the platform you are using to repost. Always remember to give credit the original poster. Have fun ‘Gramming!