*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Logging out of your email was simple. But with more and more devices that make it easier to access your email from anywhere, it’s hard to know how to sign out of Gmail properly.
Here is how to sign out of your Gmail account step by step.
How to Sign Out of Gmail for Windows
Making sure your Gmail is signed out on your Windows device just takes a few seconds.
- First, open your browser and go to Gmail.
- If you’re logged in, you should see your Inbox. At the top right of screen, click on your photo.
- Click to sign out of Gmail.
How to Sign out of Gmail for Mac
It’s easy to sign out of your Gmail account on your Mac.
- First, open Safari and visit Gmail.
- If you’re signed in, you will see your Gmail inbox. Locate your photo in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Click on your photo to access the sign-out link.
- Locate Sign Out near your photo and email address. Go ahead and click on the Sign Out link to end your session.
How to sign out of Gmail App
This is how to sing out of Gmail App.
Note that the process requires you to remove your account, so it is possible to use the synced data on multiple apps. A suggestion would be adding additional accounts and switching between them.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Press on the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) in the left corner of the display.
- Tap on the arrow near your name on top of the menu.
- Select “Manage accounts”
- Press on Google.
- Press on the menu (three horizontal points), top right side.
- Select “Remove account”.
If you want to make sure that your Gmail account isn’t open in any other location, you can sign out of all other computers by clicking on the Detail link below your email messages. Sometimes people are unaware when their accounts stay signed in for long periods of time, which can be a significant security risk, so when in doubt make sure you have no open sessions.