*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re looking how to uninstall programs on Mac, look no further. Both external apps and programs that are apart of OS X can’t be uninstalled, such as Safari and Mail app. This guide will provide a step by step tutorial on uninstalling Mac programs.
How to Uninstall Programs on Mac Using Launchpad
Launchpad is the central location where the apps installed are shown and is located on the bottom of the screen. Any app installed appears as a shortcut in Launchpad. Use the steps below to uninstall an app using Launchpad.
1. Click on Launchpad
2. Select the app you want to uninstall by holding the pointer down until the app’s icon shakes.
3. When the X appears, click it. That’s it!
If an X doesn’t appear, it means the app can’t be uninstalled using Launchpad. That’s okay; the two methods below will help you.
How to Uninstall Programs on Mac Using Trash
1. If you already aren’t, login to the administrator account.
If you don’t login to administrator, you’ll be asked for a password when you try to delete a program with Trash.
2. Open the Applications folder and search for the program you want to uninstall.
3. Once it’s found, drag program’s icon to the Trash folder, located at the bottom of the screen near Launchpad.
To make sure the uninstall is thorough, access the Library folder, and search for the file path: ~/Library/ and ~/Library/Preferences/. Once there, look for the program folder you want uninstalled, and move that folder to Trash.
Go to the Application Support folder by finding the file path: ~/Library/Application Support/, look for the program folder and once again, drag it over Trash.
How to Uninstall Programs On Mac Using AppCleaner
Mac AppleCleaner, a free uninstall app, makes thorough uninstalls quick and simple. AppCleaner searches for any associated files and deletes them for you.
1. Download AppleCleaner from the Mac App Store, or follow this link.
2. Once installed, open AppCleaner.
3. Look for the program you want to uninstall.
4. Simply drag the icon of the program inside the AppCleaner. All related files will be deleted.
There are a few ways to uninstall programs on your Mac. You may want to use a particular method depending on the app being uninstalled. If any further help is required on how to uninstall programs on mac, you can contact the AppleCleaner support at [email protected]acsoft.net.