Yahoo Weather is a free weather app available for both iPhones and Android phones that provides local and non-local weather information with daily and hourly forecasts overlaid on top of beautiful, hi-res photos using Yahoo’s own image service, Flickr. This guide will teach you how to use Yahoo Weather app on any mobile platform step-by-step.
How to Use Yahoo Weather App on Android
Setting up your Yahoo Weather App is easy. Scroll down to see directions for Android users.
1. Use Google Play Store and search for “Yahoo Weather“, or download it by using this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.weather&hl=en
2. Once installed, press Allow to give permission for Yahoo Weather to access your device’s location for collecting weather information automatically.
3. Next, Choose Enable or Disable to show daily weather information via notifications on your smartphone.
4. Yahoo Weather allows weather monitoring of several locations at once. Choose any of the provided locations from all over the world by swiping to the right and tapping on each location you want to add. Now you’re ready to see the weather data.
5. The main window displays the temperature on the bottom left and the city and time at the top.
6. Tap on the plus sign in the top right corner to add any location not available from the choices before by entering the city or zip code.
7. Scroll to the left on the main window to switch between locations, providing new photos and detailed weather information for each location chosen in the above step.
8. Slide the screen up on the main window to see hourly, 5 and 10-day weather forecasts, along with other detailed information such as: a local weather map, UV index, humidity, wind speeds and pressure, precipitation, sun and moon information, and sunrise/sunset times.
9. Tap on the left top hand corner on the main window or scroll to the right to view Settings, Sign In/Sign Up, location, and other options.
How to Use Yahoo Weather App on iOS
1. Go to App Store, or use the iTunes program on your Mac to install the app on iPhone and iOS.
Use this link instead: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo-weather/id628677149?mt=8.
2. Accept Permissions to allow the Weather app to see your location to provide local weather information.
3. Choose whether or not you prefer weather notifications to appear on your phone by selecting Enable or Disable.
4. Monitor weather from all over the world by selecting pre-chosen cities. You can select any other city by pressing on the plus sign in the top-right corner of the screen on the main window.
5. Check out the main window to see the temperature on the bottom left of the screen. Sliding to the right provides Settings options, such as changing the temperature reading from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
6. Scroll to the left to switch between your chosen city locations.
7. Sliding to the bottom provides more detailed weather information for each city, such as: sun and moon information, wind pressure and speeds, along with a UV Index and local map.
In case you encounter difficulties or have questions while using the Yahoo Weather app, consider visiting one of the following resources for further help:
Contact – email@example.com
Desktop FAQ – https://help.yahoo.com/kb/weather-for-desktop?
Android FAQ – https://help.yahoo.com/kb/weather-app-for-android?
iOS FAQ – https://help.yahoo.com/kb/weather-app-for-ios?