*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You can uninstall Google Chrome from most computers and devices. Uninstalling can be used to fix most problems with updates and other issues, or to get rid of Chrome completely. Be sure to export your bookmarks and extensions or save them on your account before uninstalling. The following instructions will show you how to uninstall Google Chrome with a step by step walkthrough.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on Windows
The following steps will show you how to uninstall Google Chrome from your Windows device.
1. Close any open Chrome windows.
2. Click the Start menu.
3. Under the Start menu, find and open Settings.
4. Click on System.
5. Click on Apps & features.
6. Search through the list of applications. Find and click on Google Chrome.
7. Choose the Uninstall option.
8. Click Uninstall when the confirmation box appears.
9. Click Uninstall when the final confirmation box appears.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on Mac
Uninstalling Chrome from your Mac device varies from Window devices. Follow the proceeding steps if you own a Mac device.
1. Make sure there are no open Chrome windows.
2. Open Finder.
3. Navigate to the Applications folder.
4. Drag the Google Chrome icon to the trash bin.
5. Click the Trash icon.
6. Click the Empty option.
7. Click OK when the warning box appears.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on Mobile
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on Android Devices
Google Chrome cannot be turned off on Android, but you can still turn it off. Follow these steps:
1. Locate the Google Chrome icon.
2. Press and hold on it and drag it to the Turn off button.
3. Tap on TURN OFF to confirm.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome on Apple Devices
1. Locate the Google Chrome app.
2. Press and hold the Chrome icon.
3. Press the X in the top left corner of the Chrome icon.
4. Click Delete when the confirmation box appears.
Uninstalling Google Chrome is a straightforward process, however, if you run in to any problems while trying to complete the task, visit the Google Chrome Help Forum to search for a solution. Please let us know if this article was helpful or if you have further questions.