Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
HDFC Bank Ltd. is one of the most trusted banks in India. Most of this trust comes from how the bank manages its client accounts. HDFC NetBanking is easy and accessible, and it is one of the most popular customer choices. However, with so many clients, there will be users bound to have an issue or two with HDFC NetBanking login. In this HDFC NetBanking guide, we show you how to reset your HDFC NetBanking password and unlock your account.
HDFC NetBanking Locked Due to Wrong Password/Lost Password
If you want to know how to unlock your HDFC mobile banking account, first, you need to know that the two most frequent reasons for not being able to access NetBanking accounts are either forgetting the IPIN (or password), or getting locked out of your HDFC NetBanking online account for inputting the password incorrectly too many times. In this guide, we show you how to solve both of these problems.
HDFC NetBanking Password Reset
HDFC NetBanking locked due to wrong password is common. With HDFC NetBanking, users who enter five wrong passwords get locked out of their account. In that case, it is overall both safer and easier to just reset the user IPIN password.
Note: Before inputting any personal or private user data to reset the password, users should always ensure they are using a secure and trusted browser. It is important that users check that they are browsing the official website of HDFC Bank, and not a malicious third-party copy. The easiest way to check the authenticity of a website is to check the website’s credentials or certificate. That said, let’s get into the steps to reset your HDFC NetBanking IPIN password.
How to Unlock HDFC Mobile Banking Account
- Visit the official HDFC Bank website linked above.
- In the upper right corner of the page, you will see the NetBanking login box.
- Under the field designated “NetBanking,” there is a Forgot Password link. Click on it.
- You will be taken to a new page, where you will find a link that reads “Click here to Re-generate your IPIN now.”
- On the new page that displays, input your Customer ID/User ID, and click Go.
- You will be redirected to a page listing of all your HDFC NetBanking mobile numbers. Note: To maintain user privacy, the listing will only display the last digits of each mobile number.
- From the mobile number listing, select the number which is easiest to presently access.
- Click Continue.
- HDFC NetBanking will send you a text message with a One Time Password, or OTP.
- Input the One Time Password.
- Click Continue.
- You will see a listing of all of the credit and debit cards linked to your Customer ID. Note: To maintain user privacy, the listing will only display the first and last digits of each HDFC card.
- Click to choose the HDFC NetBanking card for the password or IPIN reset from the given list.
- This step does not have a Continue button or a prompt, so be ready to move to the next step immediately.
- In the new form, input the ATM PIN and the expiry date of the selected HDFC NetBanking card.
- Input the new IPIN password.
- Re-enter the password.
- Click Confirm.
- As confirmation for the HDFC Bank NetBanking password change, another text message will be sent to you.
- After receiving the message, users may access their HDFC NetBanking account with their Customer ID and new IPIN.
HDFC NetBanking User Account Unlock
No matter the reason, not accessing NetBanking for over 180 days, or incorrectly inputting the HDFC NetBanking IPIN password five consecutive times, will lock users out of their account. In the past, to regain access to their account, users had to prove the account had not been stolen or accessed with malicious intent. Presently, a locked HDFC NetBank account requires an easy fix.
- Send an e-mail to the HDFC support staff at [email protected].
- The Subject should simply be “Enable ID,” and the message needs to contain the Customer ID, along with a request to unlock the account.
- After a period of time which normally takes less than 24 hours, the user will receive a reply from HDFC support letting them know that their account has been successfully unlocked.
- Users can then log into their HDFC NetBanking account with their Customer ID and correct IPIN password.
- Users are free to add any information in the e-mail which they believe is relevant in regards to the account being locked.
- Users may also request the reset of the IPIN password along with the account being unlocked if they believe they lost or forgot their original password. In this case, after the account is unlocked, users will be prompted to enter a new IPIN password after they enter their Customer ID.
- If users do not log in at all after unlocking, the HDFC NetBanking account will again be available for 180 days before the bank system automatically locks it. It is recommended for users to check their NetBanking account earlier than 180 days.
Contact HDFC Bank
For any other questions you might have related to HDFC NetBanking login issues, contact HDFC Bank using the information below:
We hope you have found this article helpful, and that you have managed to unlock or reset your HDFC NetBanking account safely. If you have any other questions or issues, you can contact HDFC Bank via their Customer Centre linked above. We also look forward to hearing from you in the comments section below.
Recommended Read: How to Get a PayPal Prepaid Card and Activate It