PayPal is one of the most popular payment methods for businesses around the world. In addition to their online bank-linked account system, customers can sign up to receive a PayPal Prepaid Mastercard. Setting up a PayPal Prepaid account is an easy task anyone can complete by following a few simple steps. Read on to find out how to get a PayPal Prepaid card, as well as how to activate and pre-load your PayPal card once you get it at your address.
How to Get a PayPal Prepaid Card
Follow these instructions to learn how to get a Prepaid card from PayPal:
- Load your preferred web browser, and go to the PayPal Prepaid website.
- Click on the “Order Your Card” blue button, located on the left-hand side, approximately half-way down the screen.
- Fill in the fields with your personal information (first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, email address, and phone number) on the page that opens.
- Select which payment method you plan to use to load your card: tax refund, make manual payments, or set up automatic paycheck deposits. You can also choose the loading method at a later time.
- Click the blue text that reads “Cardholder Agreement“. This will provide information to you regarding the use of the card itself. This information will load in a pop-up window, and it will let you know how much the monthly or transaction fee is, how to get rewards, and other basic information available.
- Click the “Get Your Card” button. This button has a lock image on it to let you know that you are submitting the application on a secure platform.
- A congratulatory page will load, letting you know that your card will arrive to you within 10 business days. You will receive the card by mail, at the address provided.
How to Activate and Pre-load Your PayPal Card
Once you got the card, here is what you have to do to activate and pre-load it:
- Once your card arrives in the mail, go to the PayPal Prepaid website linked above.
- Click on the “Get Online Access” option at the top right-hand side of the screen. This will prompt a pop-up window to appear asking for your card information.
- Type your card number and the CVC2 number in the required fields.
- Click the “Continue” button to complete creating your online account.
- In the future, you will use the PayPal Prepaid Login Website to pre-load your card in order to use it for purchases.
If you want to get in touch with PayPal for any questions related to your Prepaid card, use the information below.
PayPal Prepaid Phone Number: 1-888-221-1161
PayPal Prepaid Customer Service Hours: Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT
Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT
PayPal Contact Us
PayPal Help Center
Getting a PayPal Prepaid account is a rather simple process that you can complete in under five minutes. Whether you are looking for a more secure payment method, or trying to find a reliable first credit card for your teen, PayPal continues to provide secure payment options for everyone. Let us know if you have further questions on how to get a PayPal Prepaid card. If you want to learn more about the card, you can use their PayPal Prepaid card FAQs page.
Recommended Read: How to Load iTunes Gift Card on iPhone