*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
OoVoo is a communication service that offers group video chat capability for users on desktop computers or smartphones. When you first sign up for OoVoo, you will be prompted to add friends from your other social networks. In order to block someone on OoVoo, you must manually unfriend the person on the desktop or mobile browser, or using the mobile app for Android. We’ve researched how to block people on OoVoo, and here is the result.
How to Block People on OoVoo on Your Computer
Refer to the steps below if you want to block someone on OoVoo, and you are using a desktop or laptop.
- Open the OoVoo application on your laptop or computer.
- Log in with your OoVoo username and password if prompted by the application.
- Click on the “Friends” tab at the top of the window.
- Click on the profile picture of the user you want to block.
- Click on the green checkmark symbol next to the user’s name. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to block the selected person.
- Click “OK” in the pop-up window. The user will now be removed from your friends list, and will no longer be able to chat with you.
How to Block People on OoVoo on Your Android App
The steps below explain how to block someone on OoVoo if you are using an Android device.
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the OoVoo app.
- Launch OoVoo on your smartphone or tablet.
- Log into your account.
- Tap on the “Friends” tab in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the profile picture of the person you want to block.
- Tap on the triple-dot button in the upper-right corner of the user’s profile page.
- Choose the “Unfriend” option from the list of actions to block the person from chatting with you.
If you want to report offensive behavior by another user on OoVoo, look for the “Report this content” button in any chat window. Share any tips you come across as you use the OoVoo application for chatting and messaging with your friends.
Note: On the 26th of November, 2017, OoVoo announced on Twitter that they will be shutting down. At this time, OoVoo is no longer a viable messaging app.
ooVoo will be shutting down soon, thank you all for an amazing ride ? read more https://t.co/yZWWGcytnX
— ooVoo (@ooVoo) November 26, 2017
Recommended Read: How to Block Someone on Skype