Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you’ve had a Spotify Premium account for a while, or you’ve tried it out on a trial basis and you’ve decided you’d rather cancel before you’re charged, you might be scratching your head about how to cancel Spotify Premium. The team at Spotify have done their best to make cancelling Premium subscriptions as painless as possible.
This article will walk you through the process of cancelling your Spotify Premium account in the quickest and easiest way possible. You may have subscribed through the Spotify website, through iTunes, or via other broadband provider, so check the appropriate method for you.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium via Spotify Website
- Log in to your account on Spotify.com.
- Scroll down and click the Subscription option that appears in the left-hand panel.
- Click the Change or Cancel button.
- Click Cancel Premium.
- Tap the Yes, Cancel button to complete the process.
Alternatively, you can fill in this form, and then send it to Spotify.
Note: Once the cancellation is successful, the date you’ll return to the Free service will be displayed on your account page.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium via iTunes
On iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- On your iOS device of choice, go to Settings, and then select App and iTunes Stores.
- Enter your AppleID. (In case you forgot it, see how to recover your Apple ID.)
- From there, select View Apple ID, and provide your password, if necessary.
- Under the Subscriptions subheading, tap the Manage button to proceed.
- Locate your Spotify Premium Subscription in the list, and select Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription.
On Mac or PC
- Open iTunes, and sign in with your Apple ID, or using the Touch ID, if your Mac has it.
- From the Menu bar at the top of the screen, select Account > View My Account.
- Scroll the Settings menu, and find Subscriptions.
- Click Manage, and select the Spotify Premium subscription you want to manage.
- Click Edit, and then tap the Cancel Subscription button.
On Apple TV
- Open Settings, and then select Accounts.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Select Manage Subscriptions.
- Choose Spotify Premium, and select Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription.
Note: Your subscription will be discontinued at the end of your current billing cycle. You will no longer receive monthly Premium charges after that.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium via Other Broadband Providers
If you’ve subscribed to Spotify Premium via other broadband provider, you will have to contact that provider to cancel your subscription and payment. Follow these steps to check who manages your Spotify Premium subscription:
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- In the menu on the left, click Subscription, to see what company manages your subscription.
- Contact that company to change your payment options, or to cancel.
As you see, there are 3 ways to cancel your Spotify Premium: via the website, via iTunes, or by contacting the provider who manages your subscription. Currently, it is not possible to cancel your Spotify Premium on Android phones. If you still have questions about how to cancel Spotify Premium, you can always contact Spotify, or turn to their extensive Support knowledge base.