It is easy to personalize your SoundCloud account, change your SoundCloud name on your phone or computer, and, if you wish, your profile URL as well. This guide shows you how to change your name on SoundCloud. Additionally, you will find instructions on how to change your profile URL, bearing in mind that this may affect your old content.
How to Change Your User(Name) on SoundCloud for Computers
The steps below will walk you through the process of how to change your username on SoundCloud. Keep in mind that you will most likely want to change your profile URL to match your new display name.
- Go to the official SoundCloud website.
- Click the “Sign in” link in the top right corner of the page.
- Choose to Continue with Facebook, Continue with Google, or input your email address or profile URL.
- Click Continue to access your account.
- Locate the Edit button on the top right side of your profile, under the profile header.
- Place your cursor within the first entry box within the edit tab. This is where you will edit your name.
- Type your preferred display name into the entry box.
- Click “Save Changes.”
- Refresh your browser to ensure the necessary changes.
Note: You cannot change your SoundCloud name using the mobile app. Since changing your name requires logging into your account first, you cannot do that on a mobile browser either, because SoundCloud’s mobile browser does not allow you to log in without downloading the app.
How to Change Your Profile URL on SoundCloud for Computers
If you want, you may also change your SoundCloud profile URL to match your new profile name. However, note that SoundCloud does not offer redirect services for the old content you posted. When you change your display URL, it will affect previously posted tracks and embedded players. They will still play, but clicking on the link will direct listeners to an empty page.
Follow the steps below to change your profile URL on SoundCloud:
- Visit the SoundCloud website linked above.
- Click “Sign in.”
- Choose from the following options: Continue with Facebook, Continue with Google, or input your email address/profile URL.
- Click the Continue button.
- Find the Edit button located under your profile header.
- Look below the display name box and locate the SoundCloud URL entry box.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the SoundCloud URL entry box.
- Enter a URL that matches your new display name.
- Locate the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the edit tab.
- Click “Save Changes” to finalize your new name and URL.
- Refresh your browser to make sure the changes have been made.
Note: Similarly to the process of changing your username on SoundCloud, you cannot change your profile URL using a mobile browser or the SoundCloud mobile app, so you will have to wait to do that until you are at a computer.
As you can tell, you can learn how to change your name on SoundCloud relatively easily, and this shouldn’t pose any issue. However, it is important to note that, at this time, it is not possible to change your display name or URL on mobile devices. Feel free to share your experience with how to change your name on SoundCloud, and reach out with any questions you may have.
Recommended Read: How to Download Soundcloud Songs