Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Soundcloud has become one of the most popular audio platforms on the Internet for sharing and creating music. Many of the songs on Soundcloud are available for download. Some artists, though, do not allow the download option. In this case, know that streaming on Soundcloud is always free. However, if you still want a certain track or playlist in your music library, there are some quick methods to download songs from Soundcloud to your computer or mobile phone. Here is how to download Soundcloud songs in three different ways!
How to Download Soundcloud Songs Directly from Soundcloud
The easiest way to download songs from Soundcloud is via the official website. However, please note that not all songs are available for download. Still, it is worth checking this method first. If a song has the download option on Soundcloud, here are the steps to download it:
- Go to the official Soundcloud website, or open the Soundcloud app on your phone.
- Log into your personal account.
- Search for the song you want to download.
- If the download option is available for that track, find the Download button. It is located just under the waveform.
- Tap the Download button to start downloading the song. At times, you can get redirected to the artist’s website.
How to Download Soundcloud Songs via URL
There are certain websites that allow you to download audio files from Soundcloud just by pasting the URL of the Soundcloud song you want to download into their browsers. Here are the best websites for downloading Soundcloud songs:
With these websites, you will download your favorite Soundcloud song or track in MP3 format, in just a few seconds. Here are the general steps on how to download Soundcloud songs via URL:
- Go to Soundcloud and search for the song you want to download.
- Copy the music track link/URL. The URL should look like this: https://soundcloud.com/newpartyarmy/tell-me-the-truth.
- Go to 9soundclouddownloader, scdownloader, or any of the other websites mentioned above, and paste the track/song URL into their browser.
- Tap the Download button.
How to Download Soundcloud Songs via the Google Chrome Extension
Google Chrome also offers a free extension that will add the Download button to all soundtracks on Soundcloud. Here are the steps to use the Google Chrome extension to download Soundcloud songs:
- Go to Google Chrome web store, and download the SoundCloud Downloader Free extension.
- Click the “Add to Chrome” button to add the extension to your Google Chrome browser.
- When the process is done, you will see the plugin icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to Soundcloud using your Google Chrome browser.
- The Download button will then be added to all Soundcloud tracks and playlists.
- Play the song to see the download button.
Note: If you hover over the Download button, a QR code with a link will pop up, so you will be able to get your favorite song on your phone too!
You can use any of these easy methods to quickly download a favorite song or playlist from Soundcloud. However, the preferable option is the first one, at least for songs that have a Download button. If you have questions about downloading songs from Soundcloud, visit their Help Center. Do you know how to download Soundcloud songs through other methods? Please share them with us in the form below!
Recommended Read: How to Change Your User Name on SoundCloud