Whether you are going through your Tinder to get rid of the conversations you don’t see going anywhere, or trying to free some space on your phone, it is possible to delete Tinder messages. Some methods may be more difficult than others, but you should be able to find one suitable for you in this guide on how to delete messages on Tinder.
How to Delete Messages On Tinder by Creating a New Account
If you prefer to have a fresh start, you could always delete your Tinder account and create a new one. A new profile will bring you a second chance to get in touch with people on the app. Here is how to delete your Tinder account, and implicitly, your Tinder messages as well.
- Go to the Tinder login portal.
- Log in with Facebook or with your phone number.
- Tap the “Delete Account” option.
- Log back into Tinder.
- Create a new account.
How to Delete Messages On Tinder Manually
Most people would prefer to keep their profile, so another method would be going through and manually deleting each unwanted conversation. This may take a while, but it doesn’t call for any drastic measures.
- Login to your Tinder account using the link above.
- Enter your Tinder conversations history.
- Swipe left on the individual conversation you wish to delete.
- Click “Delete.”
How to Delete Messages On Tinder By Blocking the User
The easiest way to get rid of conversations and the people attached to them would be to block users. By blocking a user, Tinder also removes the message thread with that person, and cuts off any contact with them. While blocking people is a lot easier than deleting each conversation manually, keep in mind that blocking someone is a permanent action that cannot be undone.
- Use the link above to login to your Tinder account.
- Go to the profile of the person you wish to block.
- Click the icon in the top right of the screen.
- Select “Unmatch.”
Although in their FAQs, they do not mention how to delete messages, they have a brief Help page targeted to this issue. Alternatively, you can use the Tinder Contact Us page to ask any questions you might have. Remember to take your time and choose the best option for deleting Tinder messages for you. If you have a different method for deleting messages, share your experience down below!
You Might Also Like:
- How to Change Your Age on Tinder
- How to Log into Tinder
- How to Unsubscribe from Tinder
- How to Delete Tinder Account