*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ringback Tones is a service offered by Verizon Wireless that allows you to personalize the ringing sound that people will hear when they dial your cell phone number. If you have previously enabled Ringback Tones on your phone, and wish to disable it, here’s how to get rid of Ringback Tone through your My Verizon account.
How to Get Rid of Ringback Tone for Computers
Use the steps below to access the Ringback Tones settings in My Verizon, and disable the service using your computer browser.
- Open a web browser and go to the My Verizon page. This is the main website for managing your Verizon Wireless account and services.
- Enter your user ID or mobile number in the first field.
- Enter your Verizon Wireless password in the second field.
- Check the “Remember me” box if you wish to save your login credentials for future logins.
- Click “Sign in” to access your account.
- Click on “Products & Apps” at the top of the window. This will display a list of all specialty services set up on your Verizon Wireless account.
- Go to the tab labeled “Manage Your Products.” The next page will display a list of the phone numbers associated with your Verizon Wireless account.
- Click on the phone number for which you want to disable the Ringback Tones service.
- Scroll down through the list of services, and click the “Remove from Account” button next to “Ringback Tones.”
- Click the “Remove Product” button in the pop-up window that opens to confirm your decision to get rid of Ringback Tones for the selected phone number. Any impact to your bill will be displayed and explained in the pop-up window.
How to Get Rid of Ringback Tone for Mobile Devices
You can also get rid of Ringback Tones using your mobile device. Just follow the steps below:
- Go to www.verizonwireless.com/my-verizon/.
- In the first field, input your mobile number or user ID.
- In the second field, input your password.
- Tick the “Remember me” box to make future logins easier.
- Tap “Sign in” to get to your Verizon Wireless account.
- Find the “Products & Apps” button, then access the “Manage Your Products” tab.
- Choose the phone number for which you want to get rid of Ringback Tones.
- Tap “Remove from Account” next to the “Ringback Tones” tab.
- Tap “Remove Product” to confirm your decision.
- You will see a pop-up window with explanations related to any impact to your bill.
Note that only the Verizon Wireless account owner or account manager can cancel the Ringback Tones service. The service must be cancelled for each line individually. More information on the Ringback Tones service and options can be found on the Verizon Wireless Ringback Tones FAQs page. Share any questions or feedback you have in the comments section below.
Recommended Read: How to Access My Verizon Cloud – Verizon Wireless Login Guide