*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
An iTunes gift card can be used in both the iTunes Music Store and the iOS App Store, meaning you can redeem it for music, apps, or any other content in those stores. This article will explain how to add iTunes gift card to iPhone devices without going through the iTunes desktop program.
How to Add iTunes Gift Card to iPhone
Follow the steps below to load an iTunes gift card balance to your Apple account through your iPhone.
- Turn over the iTunes gift card and reveal the redemption code by scratching or peeling the designated spot.
- Launch the “App Store” application on your iPhone.
- Go to the “Today” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “Profile” button in the upper-right corner of the screen. This button is designated by the human silhouette icon.
- Tap on the “Redeem” link.
- Access your account by entering the password linked to your iTunes or App Store account.
- Type in the redemption code in the text box at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the “Redeem” button. The redemption code will now be validated, and the value will be credited to your account.
Apple provides documentation on how to redeem gift cards on different devices on their Support website. If you encounter any error messages while trying to redeem a gift card, go to the Apple Help page and follow the troubleshooting steps described. Keep in mind that an iTunes gift card can only be redeemed once, and cannot be transferred to a different account. Be sure to share any questions that come up as you learn how to add iTunes gift card to iPhone.
Recommended Read: How to Authorize a Computer on iTunes