Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Apple iOS operating system includes support for a range of different keyboards, in different languages. You have the option of installing any language keyboard, and then switching to it from any app that includes a text input function. For example, you can switch to a Greek keyboard to type Greek letters in the iMessage application. This guide teaches you how to type Greek letters on iPhone devices.
How to Type Greek Letters on iPhone
Follow the steps below to add the Greek keyboard to your iPhone, and start using it in common applications.
- Press the home button on the bottom of your iPhone to navigate to your main homescreen.
- Launch the “Settings” application, which is represented by the gear icon.
- Open the “General” category in the settings menu. This appears right above the “Control Center” category in the third section of the menu.
- Tap on the row labeled “Keyboard,” and then tap on “Keyboards” to view a list of all active keyboards and languages on your iPhone.
- Click the “Add New Keyboard” button. A new screen will be displayed with a list of all the built-in keyboards available on your iPhone.
- Scroll through the list of built-in keyboards, and tap on the row labeled “Greek” to activate it.
- Go back to your homescreen and launch the application in which you want to type Greek letters.
- Tap inside a text area to automatically display the active keyboard.
- Tap and hold on the globe icon in the lower-left corner of the current keyboard. A pop-up menu will display, with a list of your activated keyboards. The Greek keyboard should now be available in this list.
- Tap on “Greek” from the list of activated keyboards to switch to it and see Greek letters on your screen.
How to Type Greek Letters on iPhone – Conclusion
Later versions of the iOS operating system also support third-party keyboards that you can install from the App Store and use in applications like iMessage, Notes, and Mail. This Apple support article also shows you how to type Greek letters on iPhone, as well as providing more information about managing keyboards and languages on your iPhone. Be sure to share any questions that arise as you add, remove, or customize keyboard settings on your iPhone.
Recommended Read: How to Type Faster