*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When browsing your Facebook newsfeed, you will see a “Share” button that appears underneath most pieces of content posted by your friends or the people you follow. Sharing an item will cause it to appear on your own timeline, but if you decide you want to reverse this action, you can choose to unshare the post. This article shows you how to unshare on Facebook fast and easy on a computer, mobile browser, or mobile app.
How to Unshare on Facebook on Your Computer
Refer to the steps below for instructions on how to unshare a post on Facebook and remove it from your timeline using your computer’s browser.
- Go to the Facebook homepage.
- Log in with your email address (or phone number) and password.
- Navigate to your timeline by clicking on your profile picture at the top of the window. The main column of your timeline will display every post you’ve created or shared, starting with the most recent one.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner of the post you want to unshare to view the available options for managing the selected post.
- Click the “Delete” option to make sure the post is removed from your timeline.
Note: You can also choose the “Hide from timeline” option. This means no one else will see the post on your timeline. This option is typically used when you are not the one who shared the post, but someone else shared it on your timeline.
How to Unshare on Facebook on Your Mobile Browser
The steps below show you how to unshare a post on Facebook using a mobile browser.
- Open your preferred mobile browser, and visit the Facebook homepage linked above.
- Log in to your account.
- Access your timeline to see all of the posts you’ve created or shared.
- When you reach the post you want to unshare, tap the three dots in the right upper corner of the post. You will see a variety of options.
- Choose “Delete” if you want the post deleted from your timeline.
How to Unshare on Facebook on Your iOS App
You can also unshare posts on Facebook using the app on your iOS device. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the iTunes Store and download the Facebook app.
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Log in using your email/phone number and password.
- Go to your timeline.
- Find the post you want to unshare.
- Look for the three dots in the top right corner of the post.
- Tap on them to find the “Delete” option.
- Tap on it to unshare the post from your timeline.
How to Unshare on Facebook on Your Android App
Here is how to unshare on Facebook using the Android app:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download the Facebook app.
- Tap on the icon to open the app.
- Enter your email/phone number and password to log in.
- Visit your timeline and identify the post you want to unshare.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the post.
- Tap “Delete” to unshare the post.
Unshare Facebook Post – Conclusion
Unsharing Facebook posts can be done from either a desktop browser, a mobile browser, or the Facebook application for iOS or Android. Unsharing a post on Facebook will not affect any likes or comments that you have added to the post.
Facebook has two help articles that describe the process of hiding or deleting posts shared from your page and removing something posted on your timeline. Share tips and questions as you explore the different options for controlling what appears on your Facebook timeline.
Recommended Read: How to UnBlock Someone on Facebook