When browsing your Facebook newsfeed, you will see a “Share” button that appears underneath every piece of content posted by your friends or the people you follow. Sharing an item will cause it to appear on your own timeline, but if you decide you want to reverse this action, you can choose to unshare the post. This article shows you how to unshare on Facebook fast and easy.
How to Unshare on Facebook on a Computer
Refer to the steps below for instructions on how to unshare a post on Facebook and remove it from your timeline.
- Go to the Facebook homepage, and log in with your email address (or phone number) and password.
- Navigate to your timeline by clicking on your profile picture at the top of the window. The main column of your timeline will display every post you’ve created or shared, starting with the most recent one.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner of the post you want to unshare to view the available options for managing the selected post.
- Click the “Hide from timeline” option to make sure the post is removed from your timeline, and no one else but you can see it.
How to Unshare on Facebook on a Mobile Browser
The steps below show you how to unshare a post of Facebook on a mobile browser.
- Open your preferred mobile browser, and visit the Facebook homepage linked above.
- Log in to your account.
- Access your timeline to see all of the posts you’ve created or shared.
- When you reach the post you want to unshare, tap the three dots in the right upper corner of the post. You will see a variety of options.
- Choose “Hide from timeline” if you want the post deleted from your timeline.
How to Unshare on Facebook on the Mobile App
You can also unshare posts on Facebook using the app on your iOS or Android device. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Go to your timeline.
- Find the post you want to unshare.
- Look for the three dots in the top right corner of the post.
- Tap on them to find the “Hide from timeline” option. Tap on it to unshare the post from your timeline.
Unshare Facebook Post – Conclusion
Unsharing Facebook posts can be done from either a desktop browser, a mobile browser, or the Facebook application for iOS or Android. Unsharing a post on Facebook will not affect any likes or comments that you have added to the post.
Facebook has a help article that describes the process of managing shared content on your timeline. Share tips and questions as you explore the different options for controlling what appears on your Facebook timeline.
Recommended Read: How to UnBlock Someone on Facebook