*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The process of ending your Amazon Prime membership, whether it is a paid membership or a free trial, is easy, and it only takes a few minutes. This guide will show you how to cancel Amazon Prime on both computers and mobile devices. Read on to see the instructions for each, as well as other important details you should know about canceling an Amazon Prime subscription.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on Your Computer
In order to cancel Amazon Prime account on a computer, open your desktop browser and follow these steps:
- Access the Amazon Prime login page.
- Enter your email or phone (if you have a mobile account).
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Enter your Amazon password on the next page.
- Click the “Sign in” button to log in.
- Go to the options under the Your Account heading.
- In the drop-down menu, click the Your Prime Membership link.
- Click End Membership and Benefits.
- On the next page, click End My Benefits.
Note: You are eligible to receive a full refund if you have not already placed an Amazon Prime eligible order or take advantage of any Prime benefits.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on Your Mobile
To cancel your Amazon Prime membership on a mobile device, open your mobile device browser and do the following:
- Go to the Amazon Prime login page linked above.
- Input your email or phone number.
- Tap “Continue.”
- Input your password.
- Tap “Sign in” to access your account.
- Go to Your Account to reveal the drop-down menu.
- Tap the Your Prime Membership button.
- On the next page, tap End Membership and Benefits.
- Then, tap End My Benefits to cancel your Amazon Prime membership.
Keep in mind that if you cancel your Amazon Prime free trial, and you still haven’t made any purchases, Amazon won’t charge you. However, once you cancel a free trial, there is no way to get another one. You are free to sign up for Amazon Prime again any time in the future, but you won’t get a free trial again, since free trials are reserved for first-time members only.
As we’ve already mentioned, in some cases, when you have a paid Amazon Prime account, you can get a full refund. However, if you cancel your account at the beginning of a new billing period, the subscription won’t be terminated until the end of the period, and you still have to pay for the current one. If you have further questions on how to cancel Amazon Prime, let us know in the comment form below.
Recommended Read: How to Contact eBay